Shopify Integration Guide
In order to integrate your Shopify account with Sayollo, you will be required to create a new custom app in your Shopify store. A custom app is an app that you or a developer builds exclusively for your Shopify store, and it’s how Sayollo integrates our gComm platform to your store.
In order to begin the integration process, please ensure you have a Shopify Store Owner account, or that you have been assigned the following permissions on your Staff Account:
- View apps developed by staff and collaborators
- Develop apps
- Manage and install apps and channels
In order to check or assign Staff permissions, the Owner Account needs to open Settings (image below)
Then click Users & Permissions (image below)
Select the relevant name(s) in the Staff list (image below)
And make sure the 3 permissions marked by red arrows, below, are checked:
Once you have the necessary permissions, you will need to carry out the following steps:
1. Go to your Admin account home page and click on Apps (image below)
2. Then click the Develop Apps option (image below)
3. Now click the Create an App button (image below)
– If you do not see the Create an App button, click here >>
– If you do have a Create an App button, proceed with step 4, below.
4. Fill in the information in the two required fields as follows (image below)
a) App Name: Sayollo
b) App Developer: Choose a name from the list
5. Click the Configure Admin API Scopes button (image below)
6. Check the following Admin API permissions, and then click the Save button (see 2 images below):
– Inventory: read and write
– Locations: read access
– Orders: read and write
– Products: read and write
– click Save
7. Click the green Install App button (image below)
8. Click the Install button again
9. Click on Reveal Token Once (image below)
*IMPORTANT: The Admin API access token (starts with the letters “shpat_”) will only be shown once, so be sure to copy it right away.
10. Create a new Word of PDF document.
11. Copy the following items (image below) and paste into the new document you created:
– Admin API access token (starts with “shpat_”)
– API Key
– API Secret Key
– Shopify Admin URL
12. Be sure to password-protect the document you created (directions linked to below)
13. Once your document in protected, please attach it to an email and send it to us at email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation!